This cheesy spinach and artichoke dip is a restaurant favorite you can easily make at home with hardly any work. Cradled in a golden sourdough bread bowl, it can very well be the centerpiece of every get together. Serve this rich, creamy appetizer with toasted bread cubes, crunchy pita chips, assorted crackers or crisp vegetables and you’ll have guests lining for more. Enjoy!
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts , drained and finely chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach , thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese , grated
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (6 ounces each) Sourdough or French Bread Bowl
In a bowl, combine artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan, mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese and garlic powder. Mix and spoon into a quiche dish or pie plate.
Bake in a 350 F oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
Cut out top of both bread bowls and hollow out by removing bread from inside, leaving about a 1” shell of crust. Cut removed bread into 1” cubes.
In the last 5 minutes of baking, remove artichoke-spinach dip from the oven and spoon into bread bowls. Place in a baking dish, arrange cubed bread around it and return to oven to bake for about 5 minutes or until mixture is completely heated through and bread is slightly crisp.