Sweet Chili Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders coated in brown sugar and chili powder and then baked until crisp and delicious! Perfect as game day appetizers or as an easy weeknight dinner.
The Dodgers are playing in the World Series! The last time they were in series was in 1988 so this is definitely long overdue and a cause for fan excitement. Truth be told, we live in Orange County and we’re kind of more in the Angels camp but still, we’re just as pumped up about our second favorite baseball team making it to the World Series. 🙂
We invited a few friends over today to watch the games and these sweet chili bacon-wrapped chicken tenders along with my almost-famous jalapeno poppers and crowd-favorite pineapple cheese ball made a delicious appearance. We had quite a spread of party food as ours guests brought other stuff as well but even with the tough competition, these sweet, spicy, and savory chicken nibbles were the clear winner! They were gone in 60 seconds!
If you’re looking for simple appetizers to kick up your holiday get-together or game day shindig, put these baked bacon-wrapped chicken bites high on your list! They are so easy to make with a short list of pantry ingredients, you can have them ready in a jiffy and be out of the kitchen to watch your guests practically inhale them!
Tips on how to Make Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tenders Wrapped in Bacon:
- Make sure to use thin-cut bacon so it will cook congruently with the chicken.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken snugly but not too tightly as the bacon will contract as it renders fat. This doesn’t really affect the taste but to keep the tenders good looking. 🙂
- Bake the chicken tenders on a wire rack set over a broiler pan instead of in a baking dish. This allows the heat to circulate and help crisp the bacon all around.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 5 slices thin-cut bacon, cut into halves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, and pepper. Roll chicken tenders in chili mixture to coat.
- Wrap each chicken with bacon and using wooden picks, secure top and bottom of bacon.
- Gently roll bacon-wrapped chicken in brown sugar until coated.
- Arrange prepared chicken tenders on a wire rack set over a broiler pan and bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is brown and crisp and a thermometer inserted in the chicken reads 165 F.
- Broil for another 1 to 2 minutes to crisp up the bacon, if desired. Serve immediately.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
First published on December 22, 2013.