Classic Moscow Mule made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice. Tart and refreshing, it’s a fun cocktail perfect for all seasons!
How was your Memorial Day weekend? I hope you had a great time with family and friends and had your fair share of the great food abound.
G and I threw a small backyard get-together at home on Memorial Day and I am happy to report, everyone had a total blast!
Judging from the empty serving platters after the party, our guests seemed to have enjoyed the food and judging from the number of requests for the recipe, my sweet corn pudding was the star of the buffet table as I expected. 🙂
I think the delicious spread we fixed up went well with the crowd but I have to say, the fun really began when G started whipping up this classic Moscow mule. After a few rounds, everyone seemed to want to hog the karaoke. 🙂
Moscow Mule is a cocktail made with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice and is traditionally served in a copper cup. With spicy and citrusy flavor notes, it’s a refreshing hard drink perfect for all seasons!
A simple cocktail using only three ingredients, classic mule makes for great customizations. Easily jazz up this basic recipe here and experiment with the following delicious ideas:
- Add muddled fresh fruits such as berries and melons or a few splashes of your favorite fruit juices and pulps.
- Try flavored syrups such as lavender or elderflower.
- Kick up the spice by muddling a few slices of fresh jalapenos or freshly-grated ginger with the lime juice.
- Amp up the aroma and flavor with herbs such as mint, rosemary, cilantro or Thai basil.
- Swap the classic lime with other citrus juices such as orange or grapefruit.
Please enjoy responsibly!
Classic Moscow Mule
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 4 ounces Ginger Beer, cold
- 1/2 ounce freshly-squeezed lime juice
- lime wedges
- Fill a copper Mule mug or highball glass with ice cubes. Add vodka and lime juice. Stir until mixed.
- Top up with ginger beer and garnish with lime wedge.