Cucumber Tomato and Feta Salad with crisp cucumbers, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, and red onions tossed in a tangy red wine vinaigrette. Chock-full of amazing texture and flavor, it’s sure to be a hit with the crowd!
A good friend of mine is getting married next month and a bunch of us girlfriends grouped together to throw her a bachelorette party last weekend. Nothing salacious (drat!) that involves fistfuls of dollar bills (bummer!), just a bunch of middle-aged women chatting and cackling over great food and drinks. I haven’t had that much fun with the gals in a long time!
One of the things brought in for the potluck was a cucumber tomato and feta salad tossed together in a tangy vinaigrette dressing. It was quite a generous bowl and yet was the first to go.
I suppose I am mostly to blame for the salad gone in 60 seconds as it was all I ate! That says a lot considering I am not your veggie-lover kind of girl and how many awesome food choices there were to pick from at our get-together.
With the amazing interplay of flavor and texture, I couldn’t help coming back to the table for more. I am glad I was able to wrangle the recipe from my friend as I can re-create the delicious experience at home anytime. Give this cucumber salad a try, it’s sure to be a hit with the crowd!
- 2 large cucumbers
- 2 ripe but very firm Roma tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounces) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- Under cold running water, wash cucumbers well. Trim both ends of cucumber. With a paring knife or peeler, peel one strip (about 1/4 inch wide) all the way down cucumber. Move about the same width of strip you just leave and leave the skin intact. Peel again one strip all the way down cucumber and then leave the next width of skin intact. Repeat, alternating peeled and unpeeled strips on sides of cucumber. alternating with strips left unpeeled. Cut cucumbers lengthwise, scoop out seeds and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, garbanzo beans and red onion. Toss gently to combine. When ready to serve, add dressing and toss to fully coat. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
For the Dressing
- In a bowl, combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper. Whisk together until well blended.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”