Three-Ingredient Oreo ice cream cake is the perfect treat to cool down this summer. It’s so easy to make yet never fails to impress!
Yes, I admit, calling this a three-ingredient Oreo ice cream cake is a bit of a stretch. There is no ice cream involved or cake for that matter. But then, my friends, that is the beauty of this sweet frozen treat. A few hours in the freezer, the Oreo cookies soften to cake-like texture and the whipped cream hardens to ice cream-like consistency.
The perfect summer dessert can’t get any simpler than this! With only three ingredients and less than 10 minutes of prep time, you get an amazing Oreo ice cream cake that’s sure to be hit with kids and adults alike. The best part is, you can easily double (or triple!) the recipe to serve a crowd or to satisfy anytime sweet cravings.
Looking to make more ice cream goodies? Try my two-ingredient dulce de leche, chocolate or strawberry swirl cheesecake ice creams. They’re just as easy to make and no churning or ice cream maker needed. Enjoy!
- 1 package (15.25 ounces) Oreo cookies
- 1 cup milk
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- In a bowl, dip Oreo cookies in milk for about 5 to 10 seconds or until just softened.
- In a 8 x 8 baking dish, arrange softened Oreo cookies in a single layer to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon whipped topping and spread over cookies. Repeat layering with remaining cookies and whipped topping, ending with whipped topping.
- Crush remaining Oreo cookies and sprinkle on top of whipped topping.
- Cover tightly with plastic film and freeze for about 4 to 5 hours or until firm. To serve, thaw out for 1 to 2 minutes and cut into squares.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
First Published on February 28, 2014
Leave a Comment