I spent my whole workday today in a series of meetings and didn’t have time to grab a bite. I arrived home famished, went straight to the kitchen in search of something to quiet my hunger and found on the counter a pan of noodle casserole G prepared for dinner and a basket of crusty garlic rolls he picked up from the store to match. I am not much of a tuna fan but boy! The casserole was so cheesy good, I practically inhaled half the pan. And to top all that great food, G was thoughtful enough to note down the recipe and take a photo for me to share here. Thank God for awesome roommates!
- 1 package (12 ounces) uncooked egg noodles
- 1 can (10 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained and flaked
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese (or any quick-melt cheese), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup French-fried onion rings
In a pot of boiling water, add noodles and cook according to package directions until firm to bite. Drain from liquid.
In a bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup and milk. Stir well until blended.
In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, combine noodles, mixed vegetables, cream of mushroom soup mixture and cheese. Stir to distribute. Cover with foil and bake in a 400 F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with onions. Serve hot.