Easy-Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole is the best tuna casserole ever! Loaded with mixed vegetables, creamy sauce, and crispy french-fried onions, it’s pure comfort food.
I spent my whole day at work yesterday in a series of meetings and didn’t have time to grab lunch. I arrived home famished, went straight to the kitchen in search of something to quiet my hunger and found on the counter a pan of noodle casserole G prepared for dinner along with a basket of crusty garlic rolls he picked up from the store to match. Don’t I love this man!
I am not really a big fan of tuna but oh, boy! The tuna casserole was so cheesy good, I practically inhaled the whole pan! I enjoyed it so much I asked him again today so I can take pictures and share the recipe with you. And inhale the whole pan again, of course.
Tips on How to Make Easy Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole:
- To keep from noodles getting mushy, make sure to undercook them for about 1 to 2 minute less than package directions as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- I love the mix of veggies here but feel free to swap with green peas, peas and carrots, or steamed broccoli florets if you like. Sauteed mushrooms are a good addition as well!
- Not a fan of French-fried onions? Substitute with crushed potatoes or Ritz buttery crackers. You can also use bread crumbs moistened with butter or shredded cheddar. Just sprinkle the bread crumb mixture or cheese on top of the casserole in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
If you’ve been saying no tuna casserole all your life, do give this tuna noodle bake a try. Loaded with firm-to-bite pasta, mixed veggies, creamy sauce, and crunchy fried onions, it’s sure to convert even the pickiest eaters!
This is pure comfort food perfect for family weeknight dinners. Not only is it hearty and tasty, it’s easy to make and easy on the budget, too!
Easy-Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole is the best tuna casserole ever! Loaded with mixed vegetables, creamy sauce, and crispy french-fried onions, it's pure comfort food.
- 12 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 10 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1 cup French-fried onions
In a pot of boiling water, add noodles and cook 1 to 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain well.
In a bowl, combine cream of mushroom soup and milk. Stir well until blended.
In a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, combine noodles, mixed vegetables, mushroom soup mixture, and cheese. Stir to distribute.
Cover with foil and bake in a 400 F oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and top with French-fried onions. Serve hot.