John Elway’s Chocolate Brownies are thick, fudgy, chewy, and chocolatey with a delicious hint of coffee and a crackly top. Quick, easy, and so yummy, you’ll never make brownies from a box mix again!
I was in the kitchen when G came rushing in with a magazine clipping on hand. “We have to make these brownies today”, he said. I looked at the clipping and wondered what was so special about the dang chocolate brownies recipe that had him all excited.
“They’re John Elway’s brownies, they’ve got to be good”. Typical man’s thought process—>John Elway was good at playing football so he’s got to be good at making brownies. Typical woman’s reaction—>roll eyes but concede for peace’s sake.
And boy! Did I want to unroll my eyes after! Moist, fudgy, chocolatey with a delicious hint of coffee and a crackly top, the brownies were amazing to the last crumb. They’re so easy to whip together with basic pantry ingredients, you’ll never go back to box mix again.
Craving for more sweet treats? Try these:
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
No-Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon coffee extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- In a bowl, sift together flour and baking powder.
- In a heat proof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, combine butter, cocoa and coffee extract. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes or until melted. Remove bowl from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, salt, sugar, and brown sugar. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat until thickened.
- Add cocoa mixture gradually, beating slowly until blended.
- Gently fold in flour mixture to the cocoa mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 8-inch baking dish and bake in a 350 F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until top begins to puff and center is just set.
- Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool. Cut into servings.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment