Hasselback Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic are your next favorite side dish! With meaty potatoes and loads of garlic and Parmesan flavor, they’re sure to be a dinner hit!
I’ve been meaning to buy a mandolin for months but my procrastinating self never got around to it so I was pretty stoked to find on my recent trip to TJ Maxx one for only $3.99. I went home pretty excited to try my new toy and what better way to play with a mandolin than making accordion-style potatoes?
These Hasselback potatoes with Parmesan and roasted garlic take potato side dish to a whole new level of yum! They taste amazing yet pull together in minutes. They’re super adaptable as well as you ramp up the taste with just about any herbs and spices you have on hand.
Tips on How to Make Hasselback Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic
- Soak the sliced potatoes in a cold water for a few minutes to rid of excess starch and make them extra crispy.
- Minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese are my favorite flavor combo but feel free to use your favorite spice blend. Crisp bacon bits, chopped green onions, Ranch dry seasoning, rosemary or curry powder are just a few of the possible ways to spice it up.
- I slice my potatoes at about 1/4 inch thick as I like them “meaty”. The thinner the slice, the crispier the potatoes!
- Although you can also cook this in a baking dish, I like to do them in my trusty cast iron skillet to keep the potatoes warm longer.
Give these potatoes a try for dinner tonight, they’re sure to be a hit with the crowd! And if you’re looking for more delicious potato ideas, check out these recipes:
More Potato Side Dish Recipes
- Mini Hasselback Loaded Potato Bites
- Instant Pot Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Cheddar Ranch Potatoes
- Loaded Potato Balls
Watch the Video and See How Easy the Potatoes are to Make
Hasselback Potatoes with Parmesan and Roasted Garlic
- olive oil
- 6 large red potatoes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Brush bottom and sides of a cast iron skillet with olive oil.
- Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice potatoes crosswise into desired thickness. Arrange potato slices vertically and loosely in prepared dish or skillet.
- Sprinkle garlic and Italian seasoning on top of potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dot potatoes with butter. Cover skillet with foil.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crisp.