Kiwi Mango and Strawberry Salsa made of kiwi, mango, and strawberries with tangy lime dressing. With bright, fresh flavors, it’s amazing with cinnamon chips or over grilled fish and meat.
I’ve been wanting to make this kiwi mango and strawberry salsa for months but I had to curve my cravings until come Summer when kiwis, mangoes, and strawberries are at their finest. Well, warmer weather is finally here and grocery stores are now abundant with plump and juicy produce. So, today, I went shopping and chopping.
Ahhh! Just look at the beautiful interplay of colors in this fruit salsa! I served it with crisp tortilla chips and the whole bowl full was gone before I knew it. Definitely worth the wait.
This fruit salsa is not only addicting as a dip (cinnamon chips, please) but it’s also amazing piled high over your favorite grilled fish (salmon, yum!) or meat (thick, juicy pork chops, yes!). Bring it to potlucks or backyard BBQ’s and be the hero of the party! Loaded with healthy goodness, it’s a summer treat you won’t feel guilty indulging on all summer long.
Here a few tips on how to make this Kiwi Mango and Strawberry Salsa with delicious results:
- The sweetest taste and best texture, use ripe but very firm fruits.
- Salsa is best cold so make sure to chill the fruits for a few minutes before peeling and dicing.
- As the fruits tend to water down and lose their crispness over time, toss everything together just when you are ready to serve. Gently stir to keep the fruits from “bleeding” their color.
- If you want to amp up the heat, feel free to add more jalapeno or substitute serrano peppers.
Kiwi, Mango and Strawberry Salsa made of kiwi, mango, and strawberries with tangy lime dressing. With bright, fresh flavors, it's amazing with cinnamon chips or over grilled fish and meat.
- 12 large strawberries, hulled and diced
- 6 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced, pit discarded
- 1/2 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, add strawberries, kiwi, mango, onions, jalapeno, and cilantro. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.