This loaded potato salad has got to be the best potato salad. EVER. Taking inspiration from the loaded mashed potatoes recipe I posted months ago, it packs flavor and texture from bacon crumbles, crisp celery, boiled eggs, green onions, heavy cream, sweet honey and spicy brown mustard. As I’ve said, best potato salad. EVER.
- 8 to 10 large red potatoes
- 3 to 4 pieces bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Wash potatoes and scrub off any dirt and grime. In a pot, add potatoes and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, and cook until fork-tender. Remove from pan and drain well. Allow to completely cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- In a pan over medium heat, add bacon and cook, turning once or twice, until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Allow to cool to touch and crumble.
- In a sauce pan, bring enough water to cover eggs to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Gently lower eggs to water and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove eggs and transfer to a bowl of iced water. Peel eggs and coarsely chop.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, eggs, onions, celery, green onions, mayonnaise, heavy cream, honey and mustard. Gently stir until well-distributed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cold.
More Potato Salad Recipes:
Roasted Potato Salad from Pidge’s Pantry
Warm Summer Potato Herb Salad from Pass the Sushi
Garden Vegetable Potato Salad from Diethood
Ahi Tuna Confit and New Potato Salad from Gobo Root