Mini Meatball Spaghetti Pie Bites are a playful take on our favorite pasta dish. Fun to eat as they are to make, they’re kid-friendly and the perfect party food!
I love mini versions of classic dishes such as these loaded Hasselback potato bites and homestyle mac and cheese muffins (recipe coming soon!). They’re as much fun to make as they are to eat!
Spaghetti and meatball muffins are a bite-sized twist on our favorite spaghetti pie. They are super cute and tasty, even picky little eaters won’t be able to get enough. These pasta cups are a kid-friendly dinner option, but adults will love them just as much. They’re great for on-the-go lunch or midday and make a fantastic party appetizer as well.
I like to cook these spaghetti pies in mini muffin pans to kick up the cute factor but you can certainly make them in regular muffin tins for larger bites. You can also use a pie or baking dish and follow the recipe below if you prefer a spaghetti casserole.
Baked Spaghetti Pie Recipe
- In a large pot over medium heat, cook 8 ounces of spaghetti in boiling salted water according to package directions for about 7 to 8 minutes or until firm to bite. Drain well and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add one chopped onion and two minced garlic and cook until softened.
- Add 2 cups spaghetti sauce and bring to a simmer. Add 1 1/2 pounds of fully cooked meatballs and continue to simmer until completely heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a bowl, combine cooked pasta, 2 well-beaten eggs, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
Spray a 9-inch pie dish with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer spaghetti mixture and press firmly into the bottom of the plate. Layer 1 cup of ricotta cheese over the pasta.
Arrange meatballs in a single layer over the cheese. Spoon sauce over the meat. Sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
Cover loosely with foil and bake in a 375 F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden.
Remove from oven and let stand for about 3 to 5 minutes before cutting into wedges. Serve hot.
Give these meatball spaghetti pies a try for dinner tonight! Not only do are they a scrumptious treat, but they’re quick and easy with only five simple ingredients and in under 30 minutes.
I use my favorite brand of spaghetti sauce and frozen meatballs from the store to simplify the process but feel free to use homemade if you like. I have a great Italian meatball recipe on the blog if you prefer to make from scratch.
- 2 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti, broken in half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 24 pieces frozen cooked meatballs, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti or marinara sauce
- Spray a 24-hole mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a pot over medium heat, cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions. Drain well and allow to slightly cool.
- In a bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, Parmesan cheese, and egg. Gently toss to incorporate.
- Divide mixture into prepared muffin pan, pressing down with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, combine spaghetti sauce and meatballs in a saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil until completely heated through.
- Remove spaghetti nests from the oven. Top with meatballs and sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley if desired. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”