Mini Cherry Cheesecakes with vanilla wafer crust, creamy cheesecake, and cherry topping are as easy to make as they are delicious. They’re the perfect-sized sweet treat for one but are just as great on the dessert table for a party.
G’s mom made these delectable mini cherry cheesecakes a few days ago and sent over a few pieces for me to try. Boy, I took one bite and I was hooked! They looked so pretty and were just so delicious, I practically inhaled the whole lot in seconds. With the couple or so I had not enough to quench my sweet tooth, I wasted no time preparing a whole batch just for me.
These mini cherry cheesecakes are absolutely amazing! They’re so easy to make and turn out wonderfully in mere minutes. They’re the perfect-sized sweet treat for one but are just as awesome on your party dessert table. The real beauty of the recipe, however, is how it can be the base for countless variations. Here are a few suggestions on how you can easily switch things up for equally scrumptious results:
- Replace the vanilla wafers with Oreo cookies or chocolate wafers for the “crust”.
- Add a few drops of creme de menthe or other flavor extracts such as coffee, lemon, or hazelnut to the cheesecake filling. Or toss in a handful of mini chocolate chips or crushed Oreos.
- When baked, drizzle with caramel sauce, fruit glazes or melted chocolate. Or top with fresh fruits such as strawberries and blueberries.
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes with vanilla wafer crust, creamy cheesecake, and cherry topping are as easy to make as they are delicious. They're the perfect-sized sweet treat for one but be just as great on the dessert table for a party.
- 16 ounces packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 pieces vanilla wafers
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
In a bowl, beat together cream cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy.
Line muffin pans with baking cups. Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.
Using a spoon or scoop, fill the baking cups with cream cheese mixture up to 2/3 full. Bake in a 375 oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until set and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool and top with cherry pie filling. Refrigerate to chill.