15-Minute Chili has the big, bold flavors you crave in chili but without a lot of work. It requires basic pantry ingredients and is ready in 15 minutes!
My friends, let me tell you how amazingly quick and easy this 15-minute chili recipe is.
I was in the midst of filling up my prepared muffin pans with the sweet corn muffins batter I was baking this afternoon when G walked in and commented, “Chili would be perfect with that”. I smiled my agreement, placed the cornbread in the oven to bake, set the timer for 20 minutes, went upstairs to my room, and got on Facebook to while the time.
I heard the oven timer ping twenty minutes later, immediately raced downstairs to the kitchen to check on my muffins and found G ladling chili into individual bowls. In the short time I was leisurely checking on friends’ statuses and updates on FB, he had a hefty pot of this 15-minute chili up and ready.
If you’re looking for a dish that’s ready in minutes but packs big flavor, this hearty 15-minute chili is it! Chock-full of beef, beans, and tomatoes, it’s the ultimate winter comfort food!
Serve a big bowlful with corn muffins and tossed salad for a simple yet satisfying dinner option the whole family is sure to love. You can jazz up your bowl with crisp-fried tortilla strips, sour cream, shredded cheese and green onions for extra layers of yum. This is totally optional but highly recommended. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ounces black beans, drained
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- onions, chopped
- sour cream
- fried tortilla strips
- green onions, chopped
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
- Remove excess oil, except about 1 tablespoon. Season meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until softened.
- Add bell peppers and cook for about 1 minute or until tender.
- Add stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine. Continue to cook about 6 to 7 minutes or until heated through.
- Transfer to serving bowls. Garnish with tortilla strips, sour cream, cheese, chopped onions, and green onions, if desired. Serve hot.