Mrs. Fields Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies are the ultimate cookie treat. Soft, fudgy, and packed with chocolate flavor, they’re perfect for milk dunking.
One of my favorite things to do on weekends is to scour thrift shops for food photography props and old books. Although I have to sift through a lot of junk, sometimes, I do find gems like this Mrs. Fields Cookie Book below.
Why do people donate cookbooks? I mean, it’s not like they’re mystery novels once you read them, they’ve served their purpose. Cookbooks you reference to over and over, right?
Oh, well, I guess one’s trash is indeed another’s treasure. I seriously hugged that book all the way to the cashier like it was a priceless antique. I suppose for a food blogger, 100 recipes from the kitchen of Mrs. Fields are (almost) as precious as a Ming vase.
I’ve tried quite a few of the hundred cookie recipes in the book and I have to say, these Mrs. Fields Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies were definitely the runaway winner for me. I love anything chocolate and these cookies are the ultimate chocolate lovers treat!
Why You’ll Love these Mrs. Fields Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies:
- They’re easy to make with simple pantry ingredients, you’ll have a batch ready to enjoy in no time.
- If you like brownies, they’re soft, fudgy. and packed with rich chocolate flavor like your favorite bar but in cookie form!
- They freeze well for future cravings. Just thaw and zap in the microwave for a few seconds, they’ll be just as awesome as the day you baked them.
- Love milk? These cookies are made for dunking!
If you’re looking for baked goodies to bring to holiday parties or to give out as Christmas gifts, you can’t go wrong with these double chocolate cookies on your list! The recipe is an amazing base you can easily switch flavors with simple add-ins.
How to Spruce up Chocolate Cookies:
- Swap half of the semisweet chocolate chips with hand-chopped dark chocolate chunks for more intense chocolate indulgence.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of orange zest into your batter for a hint of bright citrus flavor.
- Whisk a teaspoon of instant espresso powder with the dry ingredients for delicious mocha notes.
- Sprinkle the portioned dough with flaky salt to balance flavors and for a crackly texture.
Want more delicious cookie recipes for the holidays? These unbelievable peanut butter cookies have only three ingredients and are gluten-free!
Mrs. Fields Double-Rich Chocolate Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 300 F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together until well-combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar and white sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Add butter and beat for about 1 to 2 minutes or until the mixture forms a grainy paste.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and beat at medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Blend at low speed just until combined, making sure not to overmix.
- Drop dough cookie by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets at about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for about 21-23 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using a spatula, transfer cookies immediately on a cool surface.