One-Pan Creamy Salsa Verde Chicken with moist chicken breasts in a flavorful green sauce is the perfect weeknight dinner. Only 5 ingredients and cooks in one pan!
Now that it’s back to school and we’re back to juggling our work and the kids’ homework among other things, turning up a meal the whole family will love can be a struggle. One-Pan Creamy Salsa Verde is your answer on these busy weeknights, it’s quick and easy to make yet packs big, bold flavors.
This creamy green chicken is one of our regular dinner standbys at home and for good reason! All you need are 5 simple ingredients, 5 easy steps, and 1 pan for chicken that’s super moist, flavorful and sure to be a family favorite.
And, my friends, the sauce! Rich, creamy and with the right amount of kick, you’d be wanting to drown yourself in it! Seriously amazing over a generous heap of steamed rice, mashed potatoes or pasta!
I use store-bought salsa verde (Herdez brand) to simplify things a bit but if you prefer homemade, you can check out my salsa verde recipe on how to want to make it from scratch.
I cook this salsa verde chicken stove top as I like my chicken lightly seared but it can be done in the oven just as well. Season the chicken breasts with salt, arrange in a single layer in a baking dish, stir together the heavy cream and salsa verde, pour over the chicken, cover with foil, and bake in a 350 F oven until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 F. Easy peasy!
- 1 pound (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup salsa verde
- Trim chicken of any excess fat. Rinse well and pat dry. Season with salt to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add chicken in a single layer and sear for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned but not cooked through.
- In a bowl, combine heavy cream and salsa verde. Pour over chicken.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer until sauce is reduced and a thermometer at the thickest part of chicken reads 165 F. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment