True to the season, G and I have been firing up the grill every weekend and have been enjoying our meals outdoors. Our backyard feast is usually whatever meat, fish or chicken we decide on the very day but it always includes this vibrant peanut coleslaw. We were introduced to this salad by G’s mom who tried and fell in love with it on her first visit to Wood Ranch restaurant months ago. Rightfully enamored, she scoured high and low for a copycat recipe, which she then passed on to me scribbled on a note card.
You guys, this coleslaw is super easy to make and super delicious. With crisp cabbage, crunchy peanuts and tangy vinaigrette dressing, it can very well be your go-to side dish this summer. Enjoy!
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 cup celery, finely sliced
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic pepper
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, celery and green onions. Add dressing. Add peanuts and garlic pepper. Toss well to combine.
- In a bowl, combine red wine vinegar, oil, water, garlic powder, sugar and seasoning salt. Whisk until emulsified.