Pineapple Cheese Ball with cream cheese, chopped ham, crushed pineapples, and toasted pecans is a delicious medley of sweet and savory flavors! It’s easy to make and a guaranteed party hit!
Cheese appetizers are my favorite things to serve for special gatherings. They are a breeze to make and go well with the fresh fruits, cracker crisps, crusty baguette slices, and cured meats I like to assemble my party platters.
Along with brie en croute, this pineapple cheese ball makes a regular appearance on our holiday menu year after year. Chock full of cream cheese, crushed pineapple, chopped ham, green onions, red bell peppers, and crunchy pecans, it’s always the first to disappear! Guests can’t seem to get enough of the addicting sweet and savory flavors.
Another great thing about this pineapple pecan cheese ball other than being out-of-this-world delicious is you can make it way ahead of time, leaving you one less thing to worry about on the day of the event.
The cheese ball benefits from sitting in the fridge for a few hours or even overnight as it firms up for easier handling and the flavors are allowed to meld. Just wrap the shaped mixture in a plastic film to keep the outer part from drying out and coat with the chopped pecans when you’re ready to serve so the nuts stay fresh and crunchy.
Tips on How to Make Pineapple Cheese Ball
- To easily stir together the ingredients, allow the cream cheese to soften in room temperature and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy.
- To add depth of flavor, toast the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat until lightly browned and aromatic.
- To easily roll the cheese ball in nuts, chill in the refrigerator for a few hours until nice and firm.
The recipe makes two cheese balls but it can be easily doubled or halved depending on what you need. Serve with buttery crackers (Ritz are my favorite!) and expect a party in your mouth!
Pineapple Cheese Ball
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 cup deli ham, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans, chopped
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese at low speed for about 1 minute or until smooth and fluffy.
- Add crushed pineapple, ham, celery, red bell pepper, green onions, and seasoned salt. Stir to combine.
- Divide mixture into two portions and shape each into a ball.
- Wrap each cheese ball with plastic film and allow to chill in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours.
- When ready to serve, gently roll cheese ball in chopped pecans to fully coat, pressing down nuts to adhere.
- Serve with cracker crisps or bagel chips.