Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad with crushed pineapples, cranberry sauce, and cream cheese topping is a festive addition to any holiday get-together. A delicious medley of sweet and tangy, it’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
G’s aunt brought this cranberry jello salad with cream cheese topping to our Christmas get-together a couple of years ago and it was a party hit. Everyone couldn’t get enough of it, the whole dish was empty before we even sat down for dinner.
I loved the gelatin salad so much, I chased her down for the recipe and have been making it regularly not only for the holidays but as a year-round treat. Loaded with crushed pineapples, cranberry sauce, cream cheese topping, and toasted walnuts, it’s a delicious medley of sweet, tangy, creamy and crunchy that’s hard to resist!
How to Make Cranberry Gelatin Salad
Pineapple Cranberry Jello is so easy to make, the hardest part is waiting for it to set!
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add ginger ale and stir well.
- When partially set but not firm, add cranberry sauce and crushed pineapples. Stir until combined.
- Pour mixture into a lightly greased pan and chill in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- In a bowl, beat the Dream Whip with milk and vanilla extract until thickened and forms peaks. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy and gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread cream cheese topping on the set cranberry salad and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Tips for Making Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad:
- For a clear and uniformly set jello salad, make sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Do not substitute fresh pineapples for the canned as they contain an enzyme that breaks down the gelatin and keeps it from thickening properly. Make sure to drain the crushed pineapples well as the excess liquid will water down the gelatin.
- Not a fan of pineapples? Swap with chopped apples and celery for added crunch. You can also use canned peaches or mandarin oranges.
- If using chopped fruits, add them when the gelatin is thickened to a soft gel consistency and is beginning to set but not yet firm to keep from sinking to the bottom or floating to the top,
- For maximum volume, use cold milk for the Dream Whip.
Looking for more delicious recipes to complete your holiday menu? Check out these delicious ideas below!
More Holiday Recipes
- Caveman Pops (Grilled Turkey Legs)
- Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- No-churn Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Loaf Bread
- Cranberry Pecan Wild Rice Stuffing
Watch the Video and See How Easy it is to Make Cranberry Jello
Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad with crushed pineapple, cranberry sauce, and cream cheese topping is a festive addition to any holiday get-together. A delicious medley of sweet and tangy, it's sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 1 box (6 ounces) lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 1 cup crushed pineapples, drained well
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, lightly mashed
- 1 package (1.3 ounces) Dream Whip
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Add ginger ale and stir well.
Allow to partially set (but not firm). Add cranberry sauce and crushed pineapples. Stir until combined.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and cover with film. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
In a bowl, combine Dream whip, milk, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until thickened and forms peaks.
In a bowl, beat cream cheese on LOW speed until smooth and fluffy.
Gently fold in whipped topping into cream cheese until incorporated.
Spread cream cheese topping on the set gelatin mixture and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
Cut into squares to serve.