Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad with crushed pineapples, cranberry sauce, and cream cheese topping is a festive addition to any holiday get-together. A delicious medley of sweet and tangy, it’s sure to be a crowd favorite!
I know this pineapple cranberry jello salad is tardy for the party what with Thanksgiving and Christmas already over and done with. The thing is, yesterday was the very first time I’ve ever tried it.
G’s aunt brought it to our Christmas get-together and everyone couldn’t get enough! I loved it so much, chased her down for the recipe so I can make a pan-full today just for me.
As I like to procrastinate and always end up of posting holiday recipes a tad too late, I thought I’ll have this jello salad up on the blog 363 days early so you can pin, bookmark or print the recipe for next year.
Make sure to include cranberry jello salad in your holiday menu planning! Loaded with crushed pineapples, cranberry sauce, cream cheese topping and toasted walnuts, it’s a delicious medley of sweet, tangy, creamy and crunchy everyone is sure to love!
Tips for Making Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad:
- For a clear and uniformly set jello, make sure the gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Not a fan of pineapples? Swap with chopped apples and celery for added crunch. You can also use canned peaches or mandarin oranges.
- Do not substitute fresh pineapples for the canned as fresh pineapples contain an enzyme that breaks down the gelatin and keeps it from thickening properly. Make sure to drain the crushed pineapples well as the excess liquid will water down the gelatin.
- To keep the fruits from sinking to the bottom or floating to the top, add them when the gelatin is thickened to a soft gel consistency and is beginning to set but not yet firm.
- To beat the Dream whip to maximum volume, use cold milk.
Pineapple Cranberry Jello Salad with crushed pineapple, cranberry sauce, and cream cheese topping is a festive addition to any holiday get-together. A delicious medley of sweet and tangy, it's sure to be a crowd favorite!
- 1 box (6 ounces) lemon jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 ounces ginger ale
- 1 cup crushed pineapples, drained well
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce, lightly mashed
- 1 package (1.3 ounces) Dream Whip
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Lightly grease a 9 x 13 dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
Add ginger ale and stir well.
Allow to partially set (but not firm) and add cranberry sauce and crushed pineapples. Stir until well-combined.
Pour mixture into prepared pan and cover with film. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
In a bowl, combine Dream whip, milk, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed for 3 to 4 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
In a bowl, beat cream cheese on LOW speed until smooth and fluffy.
Gently fold in whipped topping into cream cheese until incorporated.
Spread cream cheese topping on the set gelatin mixture and top with walnuts.
Cut into squares to serve.