Roasted Chicken with Sweet Onions is an easy weeknight dinner meal the whole family will love! This Peruvian-style chicken is moist, juicy and loaded with big flavors!
Looking for a dinner meal that’s light on prep but big on flavors? Roasted chicken with sweet onions got you covered! A robust seasoning of paprika, cumin, garlic, white wine vinegar plus a medley of sweet onions, bell peppers and lemon comes together in amazing flavors that will surely rock your taste buds.
With less than 10 minutes of prep time, this Peruvian-syle roasted chicken is perfect for busy weeknights. All you have to do is toss the ingredients together, layer them on a baking sheet, top with lemon, and then roast in the oven to golden perfection.
It’s such a quick and easy meal, you won’t believe how juicy and tasty the chicken turns out!
Those caramelized bits of sweet onions and that glorious pan juices? A whole new level of yum! There’s definitely no shortage of flavor here, my friends. Grab a huge chunk of crusty bread and sop it all up!
Or make it into a hearty meal and serve with sides of cilantro rice, beans, and tossed salad. Try it for a dinner tonight and have the whole family singing your praises. Enjoy! The chicken and the praises. 🙂
- 3 pounds chicken legs or thighs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly
- In a bowl, combine chicken, white wine vinegar, oil, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Stir together until well coated with seasonings.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet. Layer onions and bell peppers over chicken. Top with lemon slices.
- Roast in a 425 F oven, spooning pan juices regularly over mixture, for about 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken is nicely browned and thermometer inserted in the center of chicken reads 165 F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”