Spinach-stuffed Chicken filled with a creamy spinach filling, coated with Panko crumbs, and then baked until beautifully golden. Pair with your favorite side dish for a delicious weeknight dinner meal.
Looking for a simple yet satisfying weeknight dinner option? Chicken Florentine-inspired spinach-stuffed chicken is your answer! Golden and crisp on the outside and moist and creamy on the inside they bring loads of flavor without a lot of work.
With spinach-stuffed chicken on the menu, you’ll be out of the kitchen in no time. All you do is flatten chicken breasts into a uniform thickness, fill with creamed spinach, roll in seasoned Panko crumbs, and then bake into a gorgeous brown. Easy peasy!
Serve these delectable chicken parcels with your favorite potato side dish or over buttered noodles and you have a dinner meal that’s sure to please. Enjoy!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (four 4-ounces each)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- melted butter or cooking spray
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic film. Using a mallet or back of a knife, gently pound to flatten to about 1/4-inch thick. Wash and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In wide pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook until limp. Add spinach and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until just wilted. In a colander, drain well and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine sauteed spinach, sour cream, and cheese.
- On a flat, working surface, place chicken breast. Spoon 1/4 of the spinach and cheese mixture on center of the chicken. Roll chicken tightly over filling into a log and secure in places with toothpicks.
- In a bowl, combine Panko bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Carefully dredge stuffed chicken in bread crumb mixture, patting crumbs down to completely coat. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts and spinach mixture.
- On a lightly-greased baking sheet, arrange chicken in a single layer with seam side down. Lightly spray tops of chicken with cooking spray or lightly brush with melted butter (this will help them brown nicely in the oven).
- Bake in a 375 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until breading is golden brown and thermometer inserted in the center of chicken reads 165 F. Remove from oven and slice into desired thickness. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”