Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip with all the flavors of the classic buffalo wings in scoopable dip form! Loaded with chicken chunks, cream cheese, blue cheese, and hot pepper sauce, it’s absolutely addicting!
Planning your Superbowl get-together menu? This spicy buffalo chicken dip will bring the hot and spicy to any party! It’s as finger-licking, lip-smacking delicious as your favorite buffalo wings in fun scoopable dip form.
Loaded with moist chicken, creamy cream cheese, pungent blue cheese crumbles, and fiery hot sauce, this chicken buffalo dip is absolutely addicting! Serve it with crisp celery/carrot sticks, baguette slices, corn chips, wheat crackers, or bagel chips for a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Buffalo chicken wings are classic party favorites but they can involve quite a bit of work especially when serving a large crowd. This hot party dip cuts through the effort yet delivers all the bold flavors your guests crave.
The hardest part of this buffalo chicken recipe, if even, is cooking and shredding the chicken. Once that’s covered, it’s just a matter of stirring everything together until well-combined and warming up in the oven until heated through and bubbly.
What Chicken to Use for Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- You can use store-bought rotisserie chicken or make this super quick and easy weeknight roast chicken in an hour!
- Canned cooked chicken breasts are not my first option but they should work if you’re in a pinch.
- You can grill chicken breast to add a smoky layer of flavor or bake in a 400 F oven. Just brush chicken with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear and thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165 F.
- My favorite way to prepare the chicken is poaching, a delicate cooking technique in which the chicken is gently simmered in liquid and aromatics, keeping the meat from overcooking and toughening. In a small, heavy-bottomed pot, arrange chicken breasts in a single layer and add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns and enough water to cover by an inch. Bring to a boil, skimming scum that floats on top. Lower heat, cover, and cook in a barely a simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or until thermometer inserted in the thickest part of chicken reads 165 F.
Tips on How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- I like to use a 6-inch cast iron skillet to retain the heat longer but feel free to use a shallow baking dish if you like.
- Not a fan of blue cheese dressing? Swap with ranch dressing!
- Want a low-cal option? Substitute Neufchatel cheese for the cream cheese and use low-calorie dressings.
- If you like to kick up the cheesy factor, add 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce, Frank's RedHot or Tabasco
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese using a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add chicken, blue cheese crumbles, blue cheese dressing. and hot sauce. Stir until well-combined.
- Transfer into a shallow 1-quart baking dish or a 6-inch cast iron skillet.
- Bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Stir before serving.