Sriracha-Hoisin Glazed Chicken Drumsticks are marinaded in a sweet, spicy Sriracha and hoisin glaze. They’re easy to make for an amazing weeknight meal!
It’s been a while since I last posted a recipe here. The Valentine’s Day printables are cool and all to have for a memorable VDay celebration but it’s time for something delicious. Something fabulous as sweet and spicy Sriracha-hoisin glazed chicken drumsticks.
These Sriracha-hoisin glazed chicken drumsticks are my go-to meal when I want amazing flavors but without the fuss. The chicken taste like you sweated for hours in the kitchen and yet hands-on time is 10 minutes tops! It starts with a thick concoction of Hoisin sauce, Sriracha, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic, and ends with finger-licking, lip-smacking chicken drumsticks everyone would be fighting over!
I debated for a good few seconds whether to transfer the drums on a serving platter or leave them on the foil-lined baking sheet for the quick photo-taking. Eventually, I chose to shoot them straight from the oven as I wanted to show you the sticky pan juices the chicken pieces are swimming in. Please, please, please, do NOT discard that glorious sauce. Spoon it over white steamed rice (or on mashed potatoes as G does) for an extra dose of yum. Enjoy!
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha-Hoisin Glazed Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (I used Kikkoman)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 thumb size ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry.
- In a bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Stir until well blended.
- Add chicken and turn to fully coat. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. Drain chicken from marinade, reserving liquid.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake in a 375 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring reserved marinade to a boil for about 7 to 10 minutes or until reduced.
- Remove chicken from oven and liberally brush with marinade on all sides. Return to oven and continue to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 F.
- Increase oven temperature to a broil and move oven rack to upper third of oven. Liberally brush chicken pieces with marinade and broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until nicely charred. Remove from oven and allow to rest for about 5 minutes.