Two-Ingredient Breadsticks with two simple ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen! The versatile two-ingredient dough makes great pizza crust and is perfect for flatbreads, pretzel bites, calzones, and bagels. Weight watchers friendly with 2 smart points per serving!
A few days ago, I shared with you an amazing dulce de leche ice cream made with just two ingredients. Rich, silky and with intense caramel flavor, it’s one of my favorite summer treats and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Today, however, is all about two-ingredient breadsticks.
Alright, I admit. Technically, these breadsticks have six ingredients. I am standing by my two-ingredient claim, though, because, really, the cheese, butter, garlic powder, and herbs are just optional add-ons to kick the flavor up a notch. The actual breadsticks, which are delicious as is, need only two ingredients to make. Just self-rising flour and Greek yogurt and you’re in for a delicious baked treat!
If self-rising flour isn’t something you always keep in the pantry, just follow the super easy steps on how to make it at home.
How to Make Self-Rising Flour:
- In a bowl, measure 1 cup flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Use in recipe as directed or store in an airtight container.
I won’t go into a lot of detail on what chemical wizardry makes these two things work together like a charm into soft and chewy breadsticks because, umm, I don’t know.
From the little I understand, the lactic acid in the yogurt reacts with the leavening properties of self-rising flour to help the dough rise nice and proud in the oven. It’s just a bunch of science stuff that means one thing: this is the easiest and simplest bread dough you can make!
Why You’ll Love This Two-Ingredient Dough:
- TWO ingredients!
- No rising needed! It’s ready to bake once the ingredients are stirred together and formed into shape.
- Very versatile! Check out my suggested list below on the scrumptious goodies you can do with it.
- Weight Watchers’ friendly! Less than 2 smart points per serving for plain breadsticks.
- Absolutely delicious! Soft and fluffy on the inside and and slightly chewy on the outside!
Other than delicious breadsticks, this two-ingredient bread dough also makes a wonderful pizza crust for all your favorite toppings. Pepperoni? Ham and Pineapple? Bell peppers, mushrooms and red onions? Load it up!
Pizzas and breadsticks are perfect when you have snack cravings and need a quick fix. With only two ingredients and simple steps, the fun doesn’t need to stop there!
What to Make with Two-Ingredient Dough:
- cheese bread bombs,
- hot pockets
- dinner rolls
- pretzel bites
- Cinnamon rolls
Give these breadsticks recipe a try and be pleasantly surprised. And please, come back and let me know what amazing ways you’ve used this two-ingredient dough!
- 1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour and yogurt. Stir together until well combined.
- Transfer dough onto a flat surface. Using remaining 1/4 cup flour, knead dough until smooth and no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll each dough portion between the palm of your hands until it forms a thin log. Alternatively, roll dough into a rectangular shape and cut into 8 thin logs.
- Arrange each log in a single layer on a lightly greased baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the butter, garlic powder and herbs. Brush dough liberally with butter mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 425 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from heat and immediately brush with the remaining butter. Serve with marinara sauce.