Looking for a simple appetizer for your holiday get-together? These sweet chili bacon-wrapped tenders are it! They are so easy to make, you can have them ready in a jiffy and be out of the kitchen to watch your guests practically inhale them. Merry Christmas, everyone! May you find your heart’s desire under the tree.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 (4 ounces each) skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 6 to 8 slices thin-cut bacon, cut into halves
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Roll chicken in chili mixture to coat.
- Wrap each chicken strip with bacon and using wooden picks, secure top and bottom of bacon. Gently roll bacon-wrapped chicken in brown sugar until coated.
- Arrange prepared chicken on rack set over a broiler pan and bake in a 350 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is cooked through.