Cheesy Garlic Bread with a simple trick to make them extra special! Garlicky and cheesy, they are the perfect pair for pasta, soups, and salads!
As I’ve been posting pasta recipes lately, I thought I might as well share with you what I love to pair with these noodle dishes. Cheesy garlic bread, what else!
This cheesy, garlicky bread is great for sopping thick pasta sauces yet equally wonderful with hearty soups (try this broccoli one!) and stews as well. They pull together with less than 5 ingredients and are the perfect use for those day-old loaves sitting on your counter.
The ingredients standard pantry items and customizable, too! I used shredded mozzarella and dried basil in mine but you can easily substitute your preferred cheeses (sharp Cheddar, yum!) and fresh or dried herbs. You can even make these a little more waist-friendly by replacing the butter with olive oil.
Here are few tips on how to make this cheesy garlic bread ultra special:
- One simple trick I do is brown the minced garlic in the butter over low heat. This way, we get all the garlic flavor without garlic bits to bite into!
- Any type of Italian loaf works well in this recipe but I prefer ciabatta rolls as I just love how the butter, garlic and melted cheese pool into the bread’s nooks and crannies.
- For more gooey and better melting, shred your own cheese! Freshly shredded cheese tastes richer, creamier and smoother than the pre-shredded ones in stores which have extra additives to prolong shelf long.
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 head garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil leaves
- 4 Ciabatta rolls, cut lengthwise into halves
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a wide skillet over low heat, add butter. When it begins to melt, add garlic. Cook on low, stirring regularly, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until garlic begins to lightly brown and infuses the butter with flavor.
- With a slotted spoon, remove garlic pieces.
- In a bowl, combine garlic-infused butter, Parmesan cheese, and dried basil.
- On a baking sheet, arrange bread in a single layer. Brush the surface with the garlic butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until bubbly. Slice into serving pieces and serve hot.