Chorizo con Huevos made with crumbled Mexican sausage and scrambled eggs. Hearty and delicious, it’s perfect paired with Spanish rice and beans for breakfast as well as fillings for tacos, enchiladas or burritos.or burritos.
Chorizo con huevos is one of my favorite things to make for breakfast. Not only is this Mexican sausage relatively inexpensive, it comes fully seasoned and well flavored you don’t need a whole bunch of ingredients to pull a meal together.
It’s quick and easy to prepare plus it’s very versatile and makes great leftovers. We love the fluffy eggs and spicy meat bundled in warm corn tortillas as breakfast tacos but there are so many delicious ways to enjoy this classic Mexican dish.
Here are a few ways to enjoy Chorizo con Huevos:
- Use as filling for burritos along with Spanish rice and beans for a portable lunch.
- Sandwich it between crusty French bread loaves with crumbled queso fresco for a delicious Mexican-style sandwich called torta. For extra yum, toast the sandwich on a panini grill!
- Make “breakfast pizzas”! Lightly toast Mexican bread rolls or any sturdy French loaves and spread cut sides with refried beans. Top with the chorizo con huevos and mozzarella cheese and then broil for a few minutes until cheese is bubbly. Don’t forget to pile on fresh pico de gallo or sliced avocados just before serving!
- Toss the chorizo con huevos with crisp corn chips and serve with homemade salsa. This Mexican dish called Migas is the perfect use for day old tortillas and a great way to feed a large crowd.
- Add to pan-fried diced potatoes for a Mexican-inspired breakfast hash.
Chorizo con Huevos made with crumbled Mexican sausage and scrambled eggs. Hearty and delicious, it's perfect paired with Spanish rice and beans for breakfast as well as fillings for tacos, enchiladas or burritos.
- 1 pound chorizo, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 large eggs, well-beaten
In a skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and cook, breaking apart into pieces with back of a spoon. When it starts to render fat, add onions and continue to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until onions are softened and chorizo is lightly browned and cooked through. Drain excess fat, if any.
Add eggs and allow to cook for about 20 to 30 seconds and then stir to combine. Continue to cook until eggs are set. Serve hot.