Christmas Wreath Cupcakes are a sweet treat everyone will love this merry season. They’re a festive addition to any holiday party and make a great edible gift.
We’re now on day 4 of our Christmas crafts and fun food week. If you’re new to this holiday series, you might want to check out this upcycled Snowman board decor, Snowman sugar cookies, and Grinch snack cups to get updated 🙂
Adding to our list are these festive Christmas wreath cupcakes which are super simple to put together with your favorite chocolate cupcakes, buttercream frosting, yellow fondant and multi-colored candies. They’re an enjoyable holiday activity you can do with the whole family and are sure to bring plenty of Christmas cheer!
How to Make Christmas Wreath Cupcakes
The recipe calls for chocolate cake mix but feel free to use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe or try this cockeyed cake and just bake it in cupcake tins. It’s the easiest, chocolatiest, moistest cake you’ll ever have with no eggs needed!
- 12 chocolate cupcakes
- 2 cups buttercream frosting
- Kelly green gel food coloring
- 2 ounces yellow fondant
- Multi-colored candies
Whatever you use chocolate cupcakes you use, bake them in festive green or ay holiday-themed cupcake liners and make sure they are completely cooled before decorating.
Divide fondant into 12 portions and roll each into ½ inch spheres. Using your fingers, shape into little stars.
You can use store-bought buttercream frosting or homemade. To make from scratch, beat together 1 stick softened butter, 2 cups icing sugar, and 3 to 4 tablespoons of milk with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 2 to 3 drops gel food coloring and continue to beat until frosting is evenly tinted.
Transfer frosting into a piping bag and carefully dot around the circumference of each cupcake to make two rows.
Place one yellow fondant star on the top middle of each cupcake and decorate with multi-colored candies.
I hope you’ll join me for the rest of the week for more holiday cool stuff. Make sure to bookmark or pin so they’re easy to find when you’re ready to get into the Christmas spirit.
- 12 green or holiday-themed cupcake liners
- piping bag
- Bake cake mix according to package directions. Remove from muffin tins and allow to cool completely.
- Divide fondant into 12 portions and roll each into ½ inch spheres. Using your fingers, shape into little stars.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, icing sugar, and milk. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add 2 to 3 drops gel food coloring to buttercream frosting and continue to beat until evenly tinted.
- Transfer frosting into a piping bag and carefully dot around the circumference of each cupcake to make two rows.
- Place one yellow fondant star on the top middle of each cupcake and decorate with multi-colored candies.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”