Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is rich, creamy and ultra tasty! Packed with potassium, carbohydrates, and protein, it’s a great breakfast or anytime pick-me-up treat.
By the time I rolled out of bed this morning, G was already up and about in the kitchen, busy wrestling with a whole slab of pork spareribs that was going on the grill for lunch.
I was famished but smart enough to know never to get between a man and his meat. I hurriedly whirled this peanut butter banana smoothie in the blender, left G to his rubs and BBQ sauces, and sat on the patio to relish my breakfast drink.
Rich, creamy and with an intense peanut butter flavor, this peanut butter and banana smoothie makes an amazing morning treat. It’s loaded with carbohydrates and protein for the perfect energy boost any time of the day!
Tips on How to Make Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie:
- For a richer taste and thicker consistency, use frozen bananas and omit the ice.
- Want a more indulgent afternoon milkshake? Swap the yogurt with 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream.
- For a touch of sweetness, add 2 tablespoons of honey or to taste.
- To kick up the fiber, add 2 tablespoons of ground quick oats or flaxseed.
- Make the smoothies more fun with a generous dollop of whipped cream and few dashes of ground cinnamon!
- Prefer chocolate flavor? Substitute Nutella for the peanut butter.
Want more delicious smoothies? This olive oil milkshake is a fabulous post-workout treat!
Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is rich, creamy and ultra tasty! Packed with potassium, carbohydrates, and protein, it's a great breakfast or anytime pick-me-up treat.
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 ounces Greek or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ice to taste
In a blender, combine bananas, milk, yogurt, peanut butter, vanilla extract, and ice.
Process until smooth and blended. Pour into glasses to serve.