Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders made of moist slow cooker pulled pork and tangy coleslaw in slider buns. With loads of flavor and in fun size, they’re perfect for tailgating!
Has it been a month since I was last here? I apologize. I’ve been on and off with my recipe posting here at Onion Rings and Things since June and it just seemed, the more irregular I posted, the harder it was to get back on the saddle.
I’ve had these slow cooker root beer pulled pork sliders, among other things, in my draft box for weeks now but every time I sat in front of the computer to write, I was stumped for words. I am hoping to slide back into my blogging groove as the “among other things” in my draft box are super duper delicious and I so want to share them with you. #fingerscrossed
If there is a recipe that will more than makes up for my lack of recipes these past weeks, it will be these slow cooker root beer pulled pork sliders. The melt-in-your-mouth tender meat, the flavorful root beer sauce, the crisp and fresh cabbage slaw, and the soft, fluffy slider buns all pull together into one awesome bite.
And the best part is, their fun size makes them the perfect appetizer for any of your tailgating parties!
Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds pork loin roast
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups root beer
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 24 slider buns
For the Coleslaw
- 1/2 head cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide pan over high heat, heat oil. Add pork roast and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until seared on all sides.
- In the crockpot, place pork, onions, 2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper and 1 cup of the root beer. Cover and cook on LOW for about 7 to 8 hours, HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until meat is fork tender.
- In a sauce pot over medium-high heat, combine remaining 2 cups root beer, chili sauce, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced to about 3 cups.
- Remove pork from crockpot, discarding liquid. Using two forks, pull and shred meat apart. Add root beer-chili sauce to meat and stir well until meat is completely moistened.
For the Coleslaw
- In a bowl, combine cabbage, red cabbage and carrots.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar. Whisk together until smooth and blended.
- Add dressing onto cabbage slaw and gently toss to combine. Season with celery seed and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly toast slider buns. Spoon pulled pork on the bottom part of each slider buns, top with coleslaw, and then the half of bun. Serve immediately.