Easy Peasy Cheesy Mayo Chicken is quick and easy to make and is sure to become a family favorite. It’s moist, flavorful and melt-in-your-mouth tender using one simple trick!
I like to throw around the words “quick and easy” in describing a lot of my recipes but, sometimes, I forget to take into account that “quick and easy” is subjective. A dish which pulls together in a breeze for someone who’s been cooking for years may take a bit more work for someone who has just started their cooking journey.
This baked chicken with mayo, however, is the real deal. It’s the epitome of quick and easy!
How to Make Easy Cheesy Mayo Chicken
Making this mayo chicken can’t get any simpler or quicker than 3 easy steps!
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, garlic powder, and herbs together until well-blended.
- Slather the cheese-mayo mixture on boneless chicken breasts.
- Bake in a 400 F oven to golden perfection!
Seriously, the hardest part is trying to refrain from opening the oven to take a peek! Just make sure to pound the chicken to a uniform thickness to ensure even cooking and you’re all set for a dinner meal that’s full on flavor!
I’ve used mayo as topping from salmon, tilapia to chicken and always with spectacular results. Believe me, once you try this simple trick, it will definitely become your favorite method for baking meat and seafood, too. You will be hard-pressed to overcook and dry out anything in the oven again!
The mayo creates a delicious crust which keeps the meat melt-in-your-mouth tender while caramelizing into a golden, creamy mess. With every bite a delightful combination of succulent chicken and cheesy topping, this easy peasy cheesy chicken dish makes a dinner meal the whole family is sure to love.
Watch the Video and See How Easy this Baked Chicken with Mayo is to Make:
- 4 (4-ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic film. Starting from the thickest part, pound the chicken with a meat mallet to flatten. Season with pepper to taste.
- Arrange in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet or oven-safe baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cheese, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Spoon the mixture over chicken fillets, spreading to cover the surface completely.
- Bake in a 400 F oven on middle rack for about 20 minutes or until thermometer inserted reads 165 F. If topping is browning too much before chicken is cooked through, loosely tent with foil.
- Remove from heat and allow to rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”