Are you a Pinterest addict? Gurl, I’m with ya. I am a bonafide, certified pinning-loving maniac. Pinterest has such a magnitude of information and inspirations, I’ve never left the site without having learned at least one thing and these avocado egg cups are the perfect example. I saw the recipe being pinned like crazy on food boards and with runny yolks in velvety avocados, I couldn’t resist getting on the bandwagon. So simple to make, it’s almost genius.
Avocado Egg Cups Prep time:Cook time:Total time:Yield: 4 ServingsIngredients
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 2 bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to tasteInstructions
- With a knife, cut avocados lengthwise into halves and remove pit. If needed, hollow out slightly to make room for eggs.
- Arrange avocados in a single layer on a baking dish. Break an egg into each avocado half and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake in a 425 F oven for about 10 to 15 minute or until eggs are cooked. Remove from oven and garnish with bacon and green onions. Serve hot.3.2.2925
Avocado Egg Cups
January 28, 2014 By 3 Comments