I’ve been wanting to make this kiwi mango and strawberry salsa for months but I had to stall my cravings until come summer when kiwis, mangoes and strawberries are at their finest. Well, warmer weather is finally here and grocery stores are now abundant with plump and juicy produce. So, today, I went shopping and chopping. Ahhh! Just look at the beautiful interplay of colors in this fruit salsa! I served it with crisp tortilla chips and the whole bowl full was gone before I knew it. Definitely worth my wait.
A few of things to note for best results, use ripe but very firm fruits. Throw everything together just when you are ready to serve as fruits tend to water down and lose their crispness over time. Toss gently and minimize stirring.
- 5 to 6 large strawberries, hulled and diced
- 5 to 6 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced, seed discarded
- ½ small onion, peeled and diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper or 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ bunch cilantro, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, add strawberries, kiwi, mango, onions, jalapeno and cilantro. Add lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.