Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in smoky bacon. Super easy to make for everyday dinner yet fancy enough for company.
I had this amazing bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed chicken with my favorite smashed potatoes and roasted broccoli for Mother’s Day lunch and I am so excited to share the scrumptious recipe with you. But first, let me greet you all gorgeous mommas out there a belated Happy Mother’s Day. I hope you were spoiled rotten with the love you deserve.
Chicken breast, being a very lean cut of meat, is notorious for its tendency to dry out quickly during cooking, especially when prepared without any kind of sauce. Wrapping it in bacon deliciously solves the problem as the chicken absorbs the glorious fat rendered by the bacon while they both roast in the oven. And stuffing it to the brim with a cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture means nom heaven!
With less than five ingredients and simple prep, this baked bacon-wrapped chicken breast is easy to make for an everyday family meal yet fancy enough for company. It also freezes well for future use so double the recipe and enjoy stress-free weeknight dinners!
Tips on How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
- Form the cheese mixture into small logs and then pop them in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes before stuffing into the chicken. This way, it melts congruently with the roasting chicken and bacon so you get creamy pockets of cheesy filling instead of a gooey mess that oozed out on the pan.
- Use thin cut bacon and crank up the oven to broil for the last 1 to 2 minutes to crisp up the bacon a little.
- I find the combination of cheese and bacon adds enough flavor to the dish but feel free to season the chicken up with your favorite spice blends if you like.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thin cut bacon
- paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Form into about 2 to 3-inch length and 1/2-inch thickness (make sure they will fit the cut you make on the chicken).
- Wrap each cheese log in plastic film and freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- Trim chicken of any excess fat. Make a small slit on top of meat, but not cutting all the way through.
- Remove the plastic film and insert the cheese log into the slit.
- Wrap chicken with bacon and place in a single layer on a cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- Season with paprika to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165 F.
- Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon crisps. Serve hot.