Coconut macaroons with colorful maraschino cherry centers make the perfect gift this holiday season. Soft and chewy, they’re sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
I hope you still have room left for some more holiday treats after the sweet decadence of Christmas past because, folks, these coconut macaroons are so worth another bite.
I spent the week leading to Christmas baking different types of cookies to give out as gifts and I have to say, with the many varieties I whipped up, these coconut macaroons were the clear winner. Soft and chewy, they were an instant hit at the many potlucks I brought them to and drew the most ooh’s and aahs.
They’re so quick and simple, they need just five ingredients and less than twenty minutes to make. So bake up a huge batch, these coconut macaroons are sure to be everyone’s favorite treat!
Want more home baked Christmas gift ideas? You can’t go wrong with these chocolate chip cookies!
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 pieces maraschino cherries, stemmed, pitted and halved
- Generously grease a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, combine coconut flakes and flour. Toss together until well-dispersed.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on prepared baking sheet. Bake in a 325 F oven for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While still warm, gently press in the center and place a maraschino cherry halve.