Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Poppers filled with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and then grilled to crisp perfection. The perfect medley of creamy, smoky and spicy flavors, they’re seriously addicting!
Spring is in full swing and we are now seeing gorgeous outdoor weather here in our neck of the woods. With days bright and sunny yet pleasantly cool, we’ve been firing up the charcoal often.
G and I love to enjoy our meals al fresco but while some times we go all out with a full-on fiesta feast, most times our grill fest is just about quick and easy comfort foods which in our book means bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed peppers grilled to creamy, spicy, and smoky perfection!
If you’re looking for a great summer fun food, these grilled bacon-wrapped poppers are the stuff appetizer dreams are made of. With cream cheese, bacon, and Anaheim peppers all in one scrumptious bite, they’re like a party in your mouth!
Tips on How to Make Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Poppers:
- I like to use Anaheim peppers because they’re larger in size and thus easier to work with and are also milder than most peppers. Feel free to swap with jalapenos if you prefer bite size and want a bit more heat. If you want the delicious flavor but without the kick, try sweet peppers.
- To easily remove seeds and veins, use a melon baller or a small metal spoon.
- To keep the cream cheese from melting into a gooey mess, freeze it for a few minutes to firm up.
- Not a fan of cream cheese? Substitute goat cheese. Experiment with flavor combinations such as mixing in shredded cheeses or your choice of seasonings to the filling.
- Use thin cut bacon and do not overlap too much so they will cook and crisp congruently with the peppers.
- Secure with toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- The peppers can be prepared several hours ahead grilling. Just arrange assembled poppers in a single layer on a baking sheet, cover tightly with plastic film and refrigerate.
Not in the mood to grill? These baked jalapeno poppers deliver the same explosion of flavors and are conveniently done in the oven!
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Poppers filled with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, and then grilled to crisp perfection. The perfect medley of creamy, smoky and spicy flavors, they're seriously addicting!
- 8 Anaheim peppers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 strips thin-cut bacon
Cut a slit lengthwise but not all the way through on one side of the chili pepper. With a spoon, carefully remove the seeds. Gently wash under cold, running water to rid of stray seeds.
Fill the cavity with cream cheese.
Starting from the stem end, wrap the chili pepper with bacon, going around the length of the chili pepper and all the way to other end. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with remaining peppers.
On medium high heat, grill chili peppers, turning occasionally, until bacon is golden brown and crisp.
Remove from heat, discard toothpicks and serve immediately.