Honey Mustard Chicken is a moist, tender and tasty dish the whole family will love. Ready in minutes with only 6 simple ingredients, it’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Want dinner in a hurry? This honey mustard chicken is so easy to make, all you need is six ingredients and 30 minutes to get it from the kitchen to table. The recipe takes but five simple steps, you’ll be amazed at how flavorful it turns out without hardly any effort.
How to Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet until they’re uniform in thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper. .
- Mix equal parts honey, Dijon mustard and a touch of olive oil.
- Liberally coat the chicken with the honey mustard sauce.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes to juicy perfection.
When the chicken is baked, it will be sitting in a glorious pool of honey mustard sauce which I beg you not to discard. Spoon that liquid gold on white steamed rice or on mashed potatoes and thank me later. 🙂
We’re big fans of chicken around here. Not only is chicken leaner in fat and an excellent source of protein, it goes well with almost every flavoring you can think of. From salads, stews, roasts to soups, it’s a versatile canvas for all your meal inspirations.
But as I’ve said before, not all things in life are made equal. There’s chicken, and then there’s Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken.
Great food is not only about cooking techniques, it’s also about using fresh, quality ingredients. And with their birds locally grown and raised right here in California, and distributed with no antibiotics ever, you can’t get any fresher or better quality than Foster Farms Simply Raised chicken.
This is my second time participating in Foster Farms New Comfort Food movement and I am beyond thrilled! I just love working with products I can feel good about serving to my family. Foster Farms chicken is reinventing the way we enjoy our comfort foods with quick and easy yet healthy and delicious recipes. I am excited to include this baked honey mustard chicken recipe on the list!
Tips on How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken
- Pound the chicken with a mallet to a uniform thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Please don’t skip the olive oil in the marinade. Chicken breasts are very lean and a drizzle of fat will help keep them moist and flavorful.
- Baking the chicken at 350 F often results to dry texture as before the top even caramelizes nicely, the chicken is already overdone. Instead, cook on high heat (450) for a shorter period of time for juicier meat! If the sauce is browning too fast, loosely tent the baking dish with foil.
- Let the chicken rest for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing to allow juices to redistribute.
What to serve with baked honey mustard chicken? We love it with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli!
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Wash chicken under cold running water and pat dry. Using a meat mallet, pound chicken breast to a uniform thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, combine honey, Dijon mustard, and olive oil. Whisk together until blended.
- Dip chicken breasts in the mixture to fully coat.
- Arrange chicken n a single layer on a lightly greased baking dish and bake in a 450 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F. If the top is browning before chicken is cooked through, lightly tent with foil.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for about 3 to 5 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.
“This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.”
Leave a Comment