Hot Pastrami Sliders are a delicious addition to any appetizer or weeknight dinner menu. With pastrami, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing in soft, buttery rolls, they’re hearty, cheesy and tasty!
My friends, it’s time for our second sliders of the month. If you’re new to this mini sandwich series, you might want to check out below the ones I have on the blog so far.
Delicious Slider Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders
- Ham and Egg Breakfast Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders
- Cheeseburger Sliders with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Mayo
- Sloppy Joe Sliders
Hot Pastrami sandwich sliders are the new addition to our growing list and I have to say, they easily took over the top spot as our favorite at home. G loves pastrami dip sandwiches so it was no surprise he went through half the pan with gusto but I don’t even like this cured meat and I ate as much as he did!
With smoky deli-thin pastrami, sauerkraut, pickles, melty Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing in warm, buttery rolls, they’re pretty hard to resist! Perfect for weeknight dinners or as party appetizers for a large crowd.
Tips on How to Make Hot Pastrami Sliders
These mini sandwiches are easy to assemble and are ready to enjoy in 30 minutes or less. You can find most ingredients in the deli aisle of your neighborhood grocery store.
Use a serrated knife to cut the slab of bread rolls to keep from falling apart. Spread the Thousand Island sparingly lest the bread will become soggy.
I used thinly-sliced pastrami but I am sure a Reuben slider version with corned beef would be just as fabulous!
Squeeze the sauerkraut or drain in a colander as the excess liquid will leak and make the bread soggy. After assembly, brush the bread tops with melted butter and sprinkle with dried herbs or poppy, sesame or caraway seeds.
Cover the dish with foil and bake in a 350 F oven for about 10 to 15 minute or until heated and cheese is melted. If you want the bread lightly browned and crispier, remove the foil during the last five minutes.
I hope you’re having a delicious time with our ongoing slider series as I am. Come back often as I have more coming your way and if you have any variations you want to see featured, please let me know in the comments below.
Hot Pastrami Sliders
- 1 package (12-count) Hawaiian or bread rolls
- 1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1 pound thinly-sliced pastrami
- 1/2 cup Sauerkraut, drained VERY well
- 1/4 cup dill pickle chips, drained
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 butter, melted
- Spray a 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the rolls in half horizontally and place the bottom slab of bread in the prepared baking dish.
- Arrange sliced pastrami over bread to cover.
- Distribute sauerkraut evenly over pastrami.
- Arrange pickle chips over sauerkraut.
- Arrange cheese slices to cover filling.
- Place the top slab of the bread over the cheese and brush tops with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350 F oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Remove from heat and cut into individual pieces to serve.