I know, I know. The photo doesn’t leave much to get excited about. But my favorite people, let not this potato meatball crockpot stew be judged by my uninspired picture taking. Just imagine coming home after a day’s labor to chock full of meatballs, potato chunks and baby carrots swimming in a creamy, flavorful broth. Or waking up to it. I prepared it in my slow cooker before I went to bed Friday night and when I got up Saturday morning, the whole house smelled heavenly. The aroma of piping hot stew was so inviting, I couldn’t resist serving myself up a hefty bowl for breakfast. I relished every spoonful very much, I had to have another for lunch. And dinner.
This hearty stew makes the perfect addition to your arsenal of BER month comfort foods. Nourishing and delicious, it is also simple to make with hands-on prep time at only 10 minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
- 40 frozen meatballs
- 6 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 (16 ounces) baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- In a the crock pot, combine meatballs, potatoes, baby carrots, celery and chicken broth. Add parsley flakes and pepper and stir until well distributed.
- Cover crock pot and cook on low for about 10 to 12 hours. Add evaporated milk during last hour of cooking, stirring to combine. Mix lightly and ladle into serving bowls. Serve hot.