Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in crisp bacon are nom nom heaven! They are ridiculously easy to make for everyday dinner meal yet fancy enough for company.
I had this awesome bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed chicken for Mother’s Day lunch and I am so excited to share the delicious recipe with you. But first, let me greet you all gorgeous mommas out there a belated Happy Mother’s Day. I hope you were spoiled rotten with the love you deserve.
Chicken breast, being a very lean meat, is notorious for its tendency to dry out fast during cooking, especially when prepared without any kind of sauce. Wrapping it in bacon deliciously solves the problem as the chicken absorbs the glorious fat rendered by the bacon while they both roast in the oven. Stuffed with a cream cheese and cheddar cheese mixture, you got nom nom heaven!
With less than five ingredients and simple prep, these bacon-wrapped cheese-stuffed chicken are ridiculously easy to fix for everyday dinner meal yet fancy enough for company.
A few things to note, the chicken, bacon, and cheese have varying cook times so form the cheese mixture into small logs and then pop them in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes. This way, the cheese melts congruently with the roasting chicken and bacon. You are left with creamy pockets of cheese in the chicken instead of a gooey mess that oozed out on the pan. Also, make sure to use thin cut bacon and crank up the oven to broil for the last 1 to 2 minutes to crisp up the bacon a little. And, of course, enjoy!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 (4 to 5 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices thin-cut bacon
- paprika to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Form into about 2 to 3 inch length and ½-inch thickness (make sure they will fit the cut you make on the chicken). Wrap each log in plastic film and freeze for about 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- Trim chicken of any excess fat. Make a small slit on top of meat, but not cutting all the way through. Insert cheese log into slit. Wrap chicken with bacon and place in a single layer on a cast iron skillet or baking dish. Season with paprika to taste and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165 F. Broil for about 1 to 2 minutes or until bacon slightly crisps. Serve hot.