Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges are golden, crisp, and loaded with delicious Parmesan and garlic flavors yet baked for a less-guilt snacking!
One of my most popular recipes on the blog is Hasselback potatoes roasted in a baking dish or cast-iron skillet. Not surprising as it’s super easy to make and loaded with Parmesan and garlic seasonings that are hard to resist.
I pulled those same tastes and sprinkled their delicious magic on these baked parmesan potato wedges. The result is a potato side dish with mouthwatering flavors you’ll love for lunch, dinner, and snacks in between.
These baked potato wedges tasty and filling as well as easy to make and adaptable. You can season them up with whatever spices you have on hand.
The recipe below uses a simple mix of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper, but feel to experiment with curry powder, Ranch seasoning, and dried or fresh herbs such as rosemary, marjoram, and thyme.
- Although you can peel the skin if you prefer, I recommend keeping them for extra crispy edges, Just wash the potatoes well and scrub with a vegetable brush to remove any dirt or grime.
- With a knife, cut the potatoes into halves lengthwise and then cut each half into about 1/2-inch thick wedges. Make sure to slice in uniform sizes to ensure even cooking.
- Keep the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water while working to prevent from browning. Replace the water and soak the potatoes for about 10 to 15 minutes to remove excess starch and to help them crisp up. Drain them well and transfer to a clean bowl.
- Add olive oil and toss to fully coat potatoes. Add seasonings and toss again to coat.
- You can use grated Parmesan, but shredded delivers better texture
- Arrange the seasoned potatoes in a single layer, skin side down, on a baking sheet, trying not to overcrowd the pan so the potatoes will brown nicely. Sprinkle with more cheese if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 400 F oven until golden and crispy and enjoy!
Lightly crusted with Parmesan cheese and spices on the outside, fluffy and creamy on the inside, these oven-baked potato wedges are the ultimate indulgence. They’re great as a snack or appetizer with a side of ketchup, ranch, or blue cheese dressing for dipping as well as a delicious and filling side dish to your favorite protein.
And the best part is, they’re baked, not fried, so you can enjoy a huge batch with less guilt!
How to store
- Place leftovers in a container with a tight-fitting lid or resealable bag and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To store in the freezer, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, cover with film, and freeze until firm. When frozen, transfer to resealable bags and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, place in a single layer on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 F for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm and crisp.
Baked Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse potatoes under cold running water and scrub skins to rid of any dirt or debris.
- Cut each potato into about 1/2-inch thick wedges (about 8 wedges per medium potato).
- Soak in a bowl of cold water for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well.
- In a bowl, combine potatoes and olive oil. Toss to fully coat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and toss to coat potatoes.
- Arrange potato wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet with skin sides down.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for about 40 to 50 minutes or until golden on the outside and tender on the inside.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.