Slow Cooker BBQ Country Style Ribs with homemade BBQ sauce cooked to perfection in the crockpot. They’re melt-in-your-mouth tender and loaded with sweet and tangy flavors!
Although I am all about the smoky, charred goodness of a great barbecue feast, the last place on earth you’d find me is standing by a hot pit tending meat. Lucky for me, G enjoys cooking outdoors and fires up the grill every chance he gets.
But on days when I have a mad craving for BBQ flavors, and my in-house pitmaster can’t be peeled away from the TV, these slow cooker BBQ country style ribs are my delicious solution.
In the mood for summer food but not up to the trouble of getting the charcoal going? This country-style pork ribs slow cooker recipe is your answer. Other than the few minutes needed to sear the meat, it’s mostly hands-off.
Throw the ingredients into the crock pot, go about your day’s business, and have it do the work. With such minimal effort, you won’t believe the mouthwatering aroma and robust flavors of these ribs. They’re melt-in-your-mouth tender and loaded with sweet and tangy flavors!
How Long Do Ribs Take in the Slow Cooker?
About 7 to 8 hours on LOW or 4 to 5 hours on HIGH in the slow cooker.
What is a Good Side Dish for Ribs?
I usually serve them with loaded potato salad, tossed greens, and a crusty loaf to sop up the sauce but they’ll be amazing with any of your cookout favorites such as mac and cheese, grilled corn cobs, and collard greens.
You can also shred the meat and pile on kaiser rolls along with coleslaw for a scrumptious pulled pork sandwich!
Slow Cooker BBQ Country Ribs
- 3 pounds country style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Season pork with kosher salt.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add pork in a single layer and cook, turning as needed, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- In a 5-qt slow cooker, place pork ribs.
- Add garlic and onions.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, ketchup, red wine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, paprika, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well-blended.
- Pour over pork. Close lid and cook on LOW for about 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH for about 4 to 5 hours.
- Place pork on serving plate and drizzle with sauce. Serve hot.