Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken with crisp bacon bits, tender mushrooms, and gooey cheese. Moist and flavorful, it’s easy enough to make for busy weeknight dinners yet fancy enough for company.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner option that’s delicious to the last forkful, this bacon mushroom stuffed chicken got you covered! It’s perfect for everyday family dinners yet elegant enough for entertaining guests.
With simple ingredients, easy steps and less than 30 minutes in the oven, you have a meal that’s sure to wow everyone at the table! Moist and flavorful on the outside and crisp and golden on the outside, this bacon mushroom chicken will have them singing your praises. 🙂
How Do You Make Stuffed Chicken Breast:
Place boneless, skinless chicken breast between two sheets of plastic film and using a meat mallet, gently pound until flattened to a uniform thickness.
Spoon choice of filling on one end of the chicken breast fillet and roll it around the filling into a tight log. Secure with toothpicks, if necessary.
Dredge stuffed chicken in breadcrumbs until thoroughly coated. Place in a single layer, seam side down, on a lightly-greased baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray to help the breading brown.
Bake in a 425 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F. Remove from oven and allow to stand for about 1 to 2 minutes before slicing.
What to serve with Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken?
Creamy Garlic Mashed Potatoes-Rich, creamy and bursting with garlicky flavors, this is the mother of all side dishes!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta-Roasting brings out so much flavor, you won’t be able to get enough of this vegetable.
Want More Stuffing Ideas for Chicken Breasts?
Bacon Mushroom Stuffed Chicken
- 1 pound (4-4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 cup Monterey Jack or Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons melted butter or nonstick cooking spray
- Place chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and with the flat side of a meat mallet, pound to 1/4-inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook until it begins to render fat and crisps. With a slotted spoon, remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Discard bacon fat except for about 1 tablespoon. Add onions and saute until limp.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- On one end of the chicken breast, spoon 1/4 of the bacon-mushroom mixture and 1/4 of the cheese.
- Wrap chicken breast over filling and roll into a tight log. Secure with toothpicks, if necessary. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a wide, shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Carefully dredge rolled-up chicken in bread crumbs until fully coated.
- Place stuffed chicken in a single layer, seam side down, on a lightly-greased baking sheet.
- Drizzle with melted butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake in a 425 F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown on the outside and thermometer inserted in the center reads 165 F.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand for about 1 to 2 minutes before slicing. Serve hot.